Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Pin Cushion for the Sewing Machine

   Three years ago while on our first extended stay in Florida, we visited a Quilt Fair in Titusville, Florida.  The Quilters had made these cute little pin cushions to hand out at the registration desk.     
   Apparently a cap from a gallon milk jug was the base.  Fabric was wrapped over a piece of cotton or perhaps leftover batting (wadding as friends across the pond call it) and gathered on one end which was glued into the top of the bottle cap.  I like the cute little measuring tape ribbon that was glued around the edge.  



******************
Tuesday Teaser
****************** 
Not a detailed tutorial but just enough to tease your brain with an idea.


 For a long time I've brainstormed a way to put a pin cushion somewhere on my machine.  I didn't want to use glue or harsh tape.  I liked the idea used on smaller machines that wrapped around the base which I couldn't do because it was so large and would interfere with the computer screen.


One day I was using some masking tape and the idea popped into my head.


 
I simply took a piece of tape and double folded it
to tape the small pin cushion to the machine.
It's only temporary, and I've accidentally knocked it off when 
opening the curtains, but it really has come in handy.
Most importantly, 
I don't have to hunt for it like I do my other pin cushions.

 ********************************
  ********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating the icon used on this page

 

2 comments:

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.