Saturday, May 7, 2016

Quilt Shot Block #67 ~ Kentucky from States BOM

Kentucky
12½ inch square
 After some research, I found different blocks named Kentucky.
This pattern is from a closed Facebook Group Block of the Month
which my Quilt Guild is participating.
About 3 different state blocks are presented each month.
Kentucky was one of the April blocks and of course I had to try it.
I chose red for Western Kentucky University, my Alma mater  and
 blue for University of Kentucky.
The center fabric was chosen by the Guild's BOM committee to add to every BOM we make.
Pattern pieces were given with the block directions.
Of course, I didn't follow directions.
I thought I'd make half square triangles a bit faster than cutting out and sewing triangles.
Not sure if I made mine any faster by the time I did calculations and trimmed the squares to size.
I cut one long strip instead of the one piece offered by the directions.
 Then cut it later.



All of April's blocks had lots of pieces.
I can tell these block of the month patterns are not going to be easy.
********************************
Suggested quilt layouts using this square.


 ********************************
Thanks to the FREE program

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo & other alterations to pictures.
and making the quilt sample pictures with the COMBINE tool.
*****************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.