Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fish of All Kind FMQ by Jen

          In the last few months, I've been trying to teach myself the art of Free Motion Quilting (FMQ).  The reason being, I always stall in making a quilt after I get the quilt top made.  I become very indecisive when I get to that step of the process, because I just don't feel I'm successful with the quilting step.
           Recently, I volunteered to be a tester for
The first offer she sent out  just happened to be a FMQ lesson.  Just what I needed!



************************************
           She has a very detailed instruction sheet for this "Fish of All Kind" FMQ design.  An added feature to Jen's instructions, are the self critiquing notes & picture samples that help you to look for the details to help create the best quality work.
        The numbers on my sample above indicate the progress as I worked on the design @ one setting. I still have a lot of practicing to to.  It's only a matter of practice over time.


          I used these "Grip & Stitch" pads on the last quilt and tried them again here.  I'm trying to find the most comfortable method to use with my arthritis.  I have tried gloves which are cumbersome to me.

               With the "Fish of All Kind" FMQ pattern there are 2 designs.  For some reason, I found one to be a bit easier for me than the other.  Maybe it's a right brain, left brain thing?

                So I will keep practicing, because not only will I get some quilts quilted, but I feel the right amount of practice will keep my arthritis at bay.  Also, this pattern kept my mind twisted a bit, so therefore I feel it will keep my mind stimulated. 
                 Please go check out Jen @ Faith & Fabric.  Please don't be too harsh comparing my work with the work she shows of the other testers who did an awesome job.


*******************************
Sharing at several Linky Parties.

 
Thanks to the FREE programs:
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

1 comment:

  1. Your little fishies are adorable! FMQ is all about muscle memory; it's only a matter of practice and time. You WILL get better and better and better as long as you keep at it and never give up!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.