Saturday, February 22, 2014

Quilt Shot Block #19~ Waste Not

Found in the following book
While this author suggests you use your scraps to "Waste Not,"
I had difficulty with the small slender triangle.
Here's my method of construction that unfortunately does "waste a bit."
For 12 inch square
Cut 4 right triangles
Lucky me had a 6 in + 1/4 inch seams triangle ruler.

Place a mark 2 ¼" as shown.
Press along the line shown by the ruler.
Placing right sides together, stitch along the folded line.
Press and cut.


 These corners will end up on the edge of the block, but when putting all the blocks together, it will be important these 1/4 inch corners be there.
 Make 4 to complete the block.
(I like the black peaking through the pieces. Might look good with black strips?)
 How about not wasting the white pieces, and use them in some strip quilting to waste not?

**********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

7 comments:

  1. I like this block. I made an attempt at quilting a long time ago and gave up. I was bad at keeping everything lined up and it came out looking really bad. Some day I may give it a try again

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a sweet neighbor who taught my daughter how to quilt, and she was quite the perfectionist too. I never learned to sew but I do admire people like you who do it so well. This is another gorgeous quilt square. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful block and I agree that the black would look great with it! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block. Love all your quilt blocks. Thank you so much for Linkinking up @ Monday Handmade linkup Party!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute. I would have paper pieced it, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found the new sewing room once, now I can't find it. Very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using the web view (found at the bottom if you are on the phone) you'll find some topics at the top of the page. One is "My Sewing Room". If you are looking at this blog on a computer, you will see the topics listed at the top. I have also sent you an email? https://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/p/my-sewing-room.html

      Delete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.