Saturday, February 15, 2014

Quilt Shot Block #18~ Wandering Star

This pattern came from Eleanor Burns' book, Quilt in a Day: Quilters' Almanac
There is one block for each month of the year using her technique of cutting and sewing. 
January's pattern is "Wandering Star."
But of course, I didn't cut out the correct fabrics, and my design came out a bit different.
Actually, I think that is the fun of quilt piecing.
Yes, I did use a selvage edge which I think will add to the nostalgia of the to be quilt.
Do you have a name for this block?

Featured @


**********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

3 comments:

  1. Spin! :) I like your block better!! I am so bad at following directions, it is like the rebel in me says nope, I'm going to do it this way. . . sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. . . Yours worked out great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great block and how fun to have the selvedge showing! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up. You are featured over @ Monday Handmade Linkup party.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.