Friday, November 16, 2012

Bed Time ~ BD & AD

Before Decorating and After Decorating........Sharing at several Linky Parties.

In the beginning- the carpet could just about turn your stomach, and some of it was on the walls as well.
Empty rooms can be deceiving.  So I measured and taped off the amount of space needed for a king size bed and a walk-in closet (in the foreground).
 Old closet removed.  Thanks to Mr. G.  He also replaced the molding around the old closet casing.
I did the painting with "oops" paint.  
So it cost less than $10 to paint this room. btw, the green/brown color is Martha Stuart Paint. 
  I notice now, it's hard to find "oops" paint.  Either folks have caught on or it's not being sold?
 
The bed (below) fit just like the tape said it would.
Found a shutter @ Peddler's Mall with a couple of slats missing.
Tried weaving fabric, lived with it about a month and took it out.
Right now, it's just plain and simple.


I have a fire place mantel that I picked up @ a yard sale last year for $5 (I think).  It's waiting in the garage for me to decide how I want to finish it, or leave it as is and most importantly, how to hang it.

Thanks to-
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

6 comments:

  1. How fun! How cozy!
    Looks so comfy....

    I like how you used the shutter (closet door...??)just plain for the headboard... Simple and Brilliant!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so pretty. I love the shutter headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great--comfy cozy! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soothing and comfy looking. I have bedroom envy! Redoing mine is on my spring project list. Now I really can't wait after seeing yours. Enjoy that king sized bed!! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice & soothing! Thanks for linking up to my Pin Me Party! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a bit of "nosy parker" in most of us, I think. So interesting to see photos of makeover/decorating projects. I enjoy seeing how people choose to decorate their homes. Even better to get a closeup of their bookshelves/stacks. Love the way you seem to almost make a game of finding original uses for the odd decorating item.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.