Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June Trip to Peddler's Mall~ Ideas & Whimsical

whim·si·cal/ˈ(h)wimzikəl/   
Adjective: 1.  Playfully quaint or fanciful, esp. in an appealing and amusing way.   dictionary.com

Some new items, and stalls newly designed this time.  Refreshing.  Mr. G. spent 2 hours earlier in the day and then went back with me for an hour and said he saw even more new things he didn't see the first time around.

I remember the craze when these were made from aluminum cans.


 I've seen the drawer and candle stick idea before.




















Pink ticking weaved basket.
Use side of bookcase for height measurement instead of door facing so you can move the record with you.  Wouldn't it be great if this went on to measure the next generation?

 One of those:  "Why didn't I think of that" moments.


You'd have to make sure you used a cool light bulb with this lamp?

I could see me trying to sell something like this. 

Much like my Picture Not Hung on the Wall.
Seen this idea many times as well.  We already have 2 shutters and old shelving found on the curb to do this one.

This one will tell your age.  Do you know what's holding the LPs?  When I was a little girl, my Mother used one of these.  Do you know what an LP is? 


 I like brick red, but what struck me here was the black background that made the white items just pop.
 The more I look at this, the more I think I want a screened door for my front entrance.  I need air circulation, but I know it wouldn't help much with the cold winter winds.  What to do?




Why did we keep chuckling as we walked on for the next 10 minutes?


Mr. G says these are golf tees for giants.

15 comments:

  1. Yup, some whimsical finds. Made me smile. I like the golf tees for giants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting items. What a fun shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to stop in and see this post - looked a bit, then decided to just settle in to read and view the photos. Great items. Love your comments with them. The gourd head doll is quite interesting, isn't it? A wash tub, isn't it that holds the Long Play vinyl records? Remember the little 78's, red, yellow and all? I had a friend who still had a whole bunch of those somewhere. Mine are long gone. Probably to some collector. And I backed up to look at the figurine of ducks and a frog dancing! That's a funny one! We had a storm door and then took it down ... too utilitarian looking. Back up went the screen door. There's just something wonderful about a screen door. You must have a storm door? We wanted light in the dark hallway but I gave it up for that screen door! Then again, we have to mostly worry about keeping the heat out and not the cold . . . Central Texas.

    Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, Glad you poked around a little bit and enJOYed yourself. Yes, you are right, it's a wash tub. I think mother washed 2 cycles so to speak, before she actually put them in the ringer washer because Dad, farming and us kids, especially me would get so muddy dirty sometimes. I still have a bunch of my LPs & some 78s. I really never had the red or yellow records, but my own kids actually had some of them.

      Delete
  4. The pics/finds you haveposted are DRIVING ME CRAZY..makes me wanna get back "into the business" and get to work again..o well maybe I wl start with some things I already have and "do some re-dos" Will FOLLOW ifI am not already..a big THANK YOU for motivating us today.

    Jonell

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, forgot: Yes to LPs, Yes, to te twin tubs-left one in Tx when we relocated to Alabama 6 yrs ago..and that SCREEN DOOR..o well any old doors i CANNOT PASS UP..so many possibilities and the shutters, same. Throw in a few old old windows and w have enough to decorate all the houses on our lock...if I could turn them loose..
    JH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jonell. I'm getting bad about shutters. Will have a posting soon about that. I agree, doors, shutters and windows have endless possibilities. However, around here, the old windows are becoming a very high priced item as well as the real old doors.

      Delete
  6. Some fabulous finds there! I love the height measurement on the side of the bookcase - such a good idea! and the weaved belts for chair seats!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That frosty greetings window is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovley Finds :)
    and do not miss.....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    It is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wine rack/rolling pin holder. I don't drink but I see wine racks everywhere and I hate not having anything to do with one. Thanks for sharing such an inspiring collection!

    I’d love to have you link this up to my party: http://www.chickenscratchny.com/2012/07/whats-cluckin-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always fun to see what ideas others come up with. I especially liked the woven belt stools. So whimsical and creative. Thanks for sharing this week at BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so many great ideas! Thanks for joining us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you and hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up last week, hope to see you back!

    Alecia @ ChickenScratchNY.com

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.